Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring: Synecdoche/Metonymy

 The flowers slowly start expanding out of the delicate soil in front of my house. Only one or two begin to reveal their beautiful colors, and then it rapidly expands to a copious amount of unique flowers extending from durable and supportive roots. The children’s broad smiles complement their glittering eyes as they realize summer is approaching. The teenagers' stress increases as they realize final exams are approaching. Animals that have been concealed for numerous months ascend from their slumber to welcome this new stage of life. A calm, gentle breeze shuffles through my hair, and the ravishing odor leaves me breathless. I take a deep breath, and I absorb the appealing landscape that had been hidden by a layer of white, fluffy glaciers for what felt like an eternity. Although the time is relaxing and peaceful, it comes and goes like a bird flying south across a winter sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment